Jill Belasco is an accomplished entrepreneur and corporate executive whose leadership and impact are widely recognized in the cosmetic and fragrance industry. She also is a spirited advocate and philanthropist for clean water, the environment, education, and the advancement of women and girls.
CoScentrix / Soap & Water. Ms. Belasco is the founder and Chief Executive of CoScentrix, a Los Angeles-based manufacturer of private label fine fragrances, home fragrances and personal care products. She also founded and leads Soap & Water and Fairlight Fragrance, mission-based consulting businesses that design and produce custom fragrance products, profits from which are directed to water and environmental organizations.
Maesa Group. Ms. Belasco served as CEO of the Maesa Group, a French publicly-traded company that designs, manufactures, and distributes private-label cosmetics, personal care, fragrance, and gift products for retailers and brands around the world. In this role, Jill was chiefly responsible for strategy, growth, and innovation across Maesa’s global businesses in four divisions: Maesa Beauty, Maesa Home, Maesa Packaging, and Maesa Studio.
Latitudes International. Ms. Belasco founded Latitudes International Fragrance and established the company as an innovative designer and manufacturer of high-quality home fragrance and gift products. Clients included Pier 1, Bath & Body Works, Pottery Barn, The Body Shop, Estee Lauder, Williams Sonoma, Old Navy, Crabtree & Evelyn, Trish McEvoy, Starwood Hotels, and Frederick’s of Hollywood. In 2007, Ms. Belasco engineered the sale of Latitudes to the Maesa Group, where she was appointed and served as CEO of the acquiring organization.
Earlier Career. In addition to her entrepreneurial success, Jill has more than twenty years of senior sales management and marketing experience in the cosmetic, fragrance, and accessory industries. She has held national management positions for some of the world’s leading fragrance companies and retail chains, including Halston – Orlane, Charles of the Ritz, May Department Stores, and Colonia-Muehlens 4711.
Honors and Awards
- Entrepreneur Magazine “Woman of the Year” in 2005
- Beauty Industry West “Entrepreneur of the Year” in 2007
- Cosmetic Executive Women Achiever Award Honoree in 2012
- Outstanding Business Woman of the Year for Retailers in Los Angeles.
- Finalist, Los Angeles Business Journal’s “Women Who Make a Difference,” 2005, 2006
- Under her leadership, Latitudes International and the Maesa Group received multiple Fragrance Foundation awards for product excellence in the fragrance industry.
Boards, Memberships & Philanthropy
- Chairwoman, The Fragrance Foundation, 2010-2016
- Board Member, Cosmetic Executive Women
- Board Member, Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in Los Angeles
- Member, Clinton Global Initiative
- Member / Supporter, Water.org
- Vice-Chair, Earth Echo International, a non-profit organization led by Philippe Cousteau that focuses on youth involvement in water and environmental causes
- Founding Board Member, Global Echo Foundation
- Board Member, Clubhouse International, an organization creating global opportunities for people living with mental illness
- Chairwoman, Belasco Family Foundation, which provides college scholarships for young musicians
- Member, National Association of Women Business Owners
- Former Chairwoman, The Youth Mentoring Connection
- Member, Renaissance Weekend.